The Girls outperformed the boys in the UPSC CSE 2022 Exam, with girls taking the top four positions. The first topper was Ishita Kishore followed by Garima Lohia, Uma Harathi N, and Smriti Mishra. These four students are chosen for the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service, as well as the Central Services, Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’. We heartily congratulate and sincerely appreciate the efforts rendered by the UPSC Topper 2023.
In this blog, we’ll read about their struggle story, their suggestions for the aspirants, and what are the challenges they have personally faced while preparing.
On May 23, 2023, UPSC issued the toppers list for 2023 and announced the UPSC Final Result 2022-23.
Within the realm of UPSC, there are individuals who have demonstrated exceptional dedication, perseverance, and intellectual acumen, emerging as the top performers in the examination. And in this year’s result, the top ranks are secured by female candidates.
UPSC toppers not only bring laurels to themselves but also play a crucial role in shaping policies, implementing developmental programs, and contributing to the overall progress of the country. The UPSC CSE 2022 Exam recommended 933 persons for jobs, while 178 were placed on the reserve list.
Topper UPSC 2023 Rank – 1
Ishita Kishore stated that “I used to study for at least eight to nine hours per day. I would work toward women’s empowerment after becoming an IAS officer and getting the first rank in the civil services examination was like a dream come true for her”.
Topper UPSC 2023 Rank – 2
Garima stated that she always wanted to improve norms of the society and because of that decided to pursue a job in the civil service. She has spent a significant amount of time researching, and reviewing the previous year’s test questions, and engaged in informative discussions with mentors and other candidates to improve regularly.
Topper UPSC 2023 Rank – 3
Uma Harathi N bagged 3rd place in the UPSC 2022 with Anthropology as an optional subject. She is a Civil Engineer from IIT-Hyderabad. She has an excellent academic background and is unwaveringly committed to her goals, which explains her outstanding performance in the UPSC exam.
UPSC toppers’ strategies
Every applicant who prepares for UPSC targets to achieve the All-India Rank under a certain category. While preparing, working hard, and being smart throughout with continuous efforts and managing time wisely, one needs to be filled with a strong desire and drive.
Here are some of the points to prepare strategically for exams:
- For the preliminary exams, factual and analytical questions can be divided into two sections. Students with a solid knowledge base can answer questions quickly.
- Avoid ignoring CSAT, it becomes difficult later on during preparation.
- Cover current news thoroughly because preliminary questions are frequently divided into static and dynamic categories.
- Concentrate on the optional subject because it is one of the best papers for improving your total grade. However, it is frequently stated that optional may make or break an essay.
Tips from UPSC toppers
- If you’re going to or if you want to sit for the civil services examination, you must put in the hours and work regardless of your academic performance.
- One of the most important key factors for a candidate is consistency and discipline.
- Keep a strict routine.
- Divide time slots between reading the newspaper, mastering the essential subjects, and improving essay-writing skills.
Challenges Faced by UPSC Toppers
According to the top rankers, the path of preparation for the examination wasn’t without hardships. The preparation and examination tested their mental toughness, and constant diligence. It also includes times when aspirants went under self-doubt and setbacks but never let them stop them from achieving their ultimate objective.
Furthermore, if you want to be successful, you must constantly reassess your plan. The syllabus for the UPSC IAS Prelims and Mains examinations is extensive and varied. Aspirants should break this down into little chunks and try to finish it in the time provided.
UPSC toppers’ interviews
“I used to study for at least eight to nine hours per day and with proper consistency and time division between the subjects,” Ishita Kishore said.
According to Garima Lohia who bagged the second position states that one needs to improve on their communication and conversational abilities.
There is only one chance to make the best impression during the interview. Strong communication skills are the best approach to expressing your thoughts. Make a logical comeback for every argument, and the interview panel will evaluate your logical and analytical thinking abilities.
How to Get the UPSC Topper List 2023?
Below are the steps provided to download the UPSC topper list 2023:
- Go to the official website of UPSC, here is the link for the website: https://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Look for a link to the UPSC Topper 2023 List on the homepage or in the most recent news section.
- Click the link to go to the topper list page.
- Using a PDF reader program, you may be able to download and view the topper list in PDF format.
- Click the download button to save the topper list.